About This Blog

Monday, June 17, 2013

A week ago, I ran into an old friend with whom I had lost touch. The past came back, I really wondered why she abruptly cut off ties suddenly. I opened up last few messages between us, only to realize I didnt reply to her emails.

It was me! And for more than couple of years, I thought of her as the culprit. There were some very minor skirmishes - in all likelihood probably just in my head and those eventually translated into assuming she didnt want to stay in touch!

 Feeling even more guilty now because they had helped me quite a bit when I just moved here.
***

Today during a small talk at work, the guy kept referring to a project I work on but not in a relevant context at all. There were some minor flares in my head considering how important this person was. I then asked a question and he looked puzzled for a second but went on to answer that. 

Couple of hours later, while discussing with a colleague, it then stuck me. There are two applications the project goes to and I work on one side(on a minor role) and he works on the other(a much bigger role). 

I had been listening to it from my side and the question needless to say was from that perspective.

While he had been thinking about his side of the application and the puzzled look.

Moral lesson, kiddos, think where the other person comes from for a second.


0 comments: