About This Blog

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Mannar & Co.

With tons of pressure at work, as I was backing up my car one fine morning it suddenly stuck me. This Mannar & Co. business. 

For those who dont know, Mannar & Co is a comedy track in an old tamil movie. I have never actually seen the video but we had the audio cassette of the comedy track at home. It would have Thangavelu happily going to work everyday with lunch packed lovingly by his wife. Wife, a new bride would happily believe all the stories he would share only to discover One fine day that he wasnt going to work but just to park everyday. 

Fully dressed, lunch packed, he would be going to park everyday just as some one would go to work. 

We dont even have a comparable situation. For starters I dont have anybody packing me lunch. It wouldn't really matter to anyone else as I am the only one who really needs my paycheck. 

Nevertheless, this mannar & Co idea excited me enough that I went around telling couple of my friends. They got excited by the idea. one even suggested that I register the domain. A start up idea perhaps? May be I will pool in people like this and organize park lunches.... So on.

Alas, the joy was short-lived brought to an end by a quick google search. 

Mannar & co not only has a website but actually has a glass door input. A review at glass door! Vettiness of my fellow tamil netizens has ensured that there is nothing left for anyone else to do. I mean vetti stuff that is. 

And my mannar & Co bit the dust even before it could be started :(

PS: Here is a much more inspiring real life mannar & Co story that would warm the cockles of any book lover's heart.

5 comments:

Saya said...

Hey.. so happy to see you still blogging. Now i have a whole lot of posts to catch up. :)

Sachita said...

hello, long time. mommyhood keeping you busy? I never gave up on blogging, infact just today was planning on posting more. PS:went to your blog after your comment, it hasnt been updated :(

Saya said...

I have another blog that I just started but I want to be anonymous. So which email can I reach you on to share it with you?

Sachita said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sachita said...

Saya: your blog is still mysterious. Anyway, going to delete the earlier comment to reduce spam.